Fleisher evaluates candidates for teaching positions on an ongoing basis. We are always looking for experienced artists to teach our adult and youth classes, as well as our off-site in-school and after-school residency programs.
Application packets shall include:
- Current résumé
- Images of current work (maximum 12 images)
- Images of work created by students (maximum 12 images)
- Three professional references
- Course descriptions and curriculum outlines for courses taught
- Others supporting documentation, evaluation and assessments of previous teaching experience
Applicants applying for positions involving youth must be able to present clearance certificates of PA State Police Criminal Record Check and PA Child Abuse History.
Interested candidates should submit a complete application packet to:
Fleisher Art Memorial
719 Catharine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
For inquiries, contact Linda Fernandez at 215-922-3456 ext. 348 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fleisher’s Teen Lounge provides young people with opportunities to work with experienced Teaching Artists from around the region. Participating teens evaluate proposals submitted by Teaching Artists through the RFP (Request for Proposals) process.
Teen Lounge at Fleisher Art Memorial is accepting project proposals from teaching artists for:
Winter/Spring 2014. Proposals are due by November 1, 2013.
The workshops should offer young people between the ages 13 —18 exciting opportunity to be introduced to a medium or explore a theme of relevance to this age group and be completed in 6-8 hours (3-4 sessions) maximum. Teaching artists will be paid $150 for every two-hour workshop. Experimental workshop proposals welcome. The sessions will be held on Wednesdays from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. Approximately 15 students attend our Teen Lounge from a variety of levels in art making experiences.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected by the members of the Teen Lounge. Please make sure to use clear and direct language. The teens will be the only group deciding on which projects to select. Also, please provide the following in your proposal and stick to the requirements to be considered:
Complete a one page project proposal that includes
- Project description — this should include the length of your proposed workshop series (3-4 sessions) and an outline of each session
- Objectives and goals
- Proposed Expenses (maximum of $150.00 supply budget)— basic materials such as scissors, glue, pencils, paper will be provided by Fleisher. Any additional materials should be included in your proposed expenses
- Your availability — all workshops will take place on Tuesdays or Wednesday afternoons
- Artist statement (brief) — this statement should allow us to understand how this workshop series and/or work with young people are of interest of you as an artist.
- Résumé that includes three references (name, phone number, email)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record check; please email email@example.com for information on how to obtain your clearances if you do not have your clearances
- 1 page of 3 Images of your work with descriptions — title, size, medium, date (no more than 3 will be considered)
- 1 page of 3 Images of your students' work with descriptions — title, size, medium, date, ages of students
Please note: all images should be submitted digitally in JPG format
Applicants are required to attend a proposal review event with the teens, where they will present their project in an 'art fair' style with a small table to share information and answer questions on their proposal. The date for this event will be posted before the November 1 deadline.
For more information or to submit a completed proposal please use the contact information provided below.
Fleisher Art Memorial
ATTN: Teen Lounge Coordinator
719 Catharine Street, Philadelphia PA 19147-2811
Are you interested in an internship at Fleisher or joining our talented team of volunteers? Do you have a special skill or talent? Fleisher volunteers and interns contribute thousands of hours every year in support of our art education and exhibition programs.
Internships may be arranged for credit with a college or university. These internships occasionally offer a stipend payable by the college or university. Fleisher does not offer any paid internships. Unpaid internships may be arranged for personal enrichment and are considered on a rolling basis.
Volunteer projects are always available. To participate, please download our volunteer application or contact us to learn about volunteer opportunities.
For inquiries about internships or volunteer opportunities, and to arrange for an interview, contact Visitor Services Manager, Nicole Krom, at 215-922-3456 ext. 310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fleisher Art Memorial is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to create and maintain a diverse community.